Rates and Topics
Remote Presentation via live video feed
20 – 30 min presentation +Q&A, 1hr. max
Breakout Session (a la carte)
Keynote + Breakout Session
1.5 – 2 hr. interactive session with a focus on what attendees should do after identifying the issues in the keynote presentation. Breakout sessions are solution and process focused, and provide a deeper understanding of the practical solutions.
- When the Boomers Bail – Demographics are creating a zero sum labor market that changes the underlying fundamentals for economic development. In this new era, will your community be a winner or a loser?
- Getting Your Community Mojo Back – Current Economic and demographic conditions have destroyed ROI for traditional economic development programs, and have left community leaders demoralized with their ability to create jobs. What does it take to inspire community leaders to reinvest in economic development?
- Innovations in Economic Development – To survive as a viable civic practice, Economic Development, like every other organized endeavor must innovate new business modes and approaches. How does innovation happen in Economic Development, and what are some of the most promising innovations?
- Recruiting, Retaining and Growing Talent – A rapidly aging workforce, and a growing skills mismatch, will starve many communities of the qualified workers needed to grow their economies faster than their populations. Building effective talent attraction and development strategies are now the cutting edge of Economic Development practice. What can communities do to find, keep and build talent that matches the future needs of the economy?
- Merging Economic and Workforce Development – To remain productive, Economic Development and Workforce Development programs, at the community level, must become strategic and integrated – in most places, today, they are neither. What does it take to become strategic? What is the process for integration?
Counseling relationship as an outside advisor to a CEO or Leadership group.
Retreats and Workshops
1-day retreats include debriefing, explaining the issue and scaling to the specific community needs.
2-day retreats allow for more time to map the program implementation process.
Retreat 1 – E>P: Growing your economy faster than your population (2 days) – A strategic planning retreat combining formal proven processes for Economic Development. During this retreat, we will walk a diverse group of community interests through a deliberation of economic and demographic predicaments. The result of this retreat should leave us with solution sets and new program applications.
Retreat 2 – New Program Element Retreat (1 or 2 days) – This retreat is focused on development and implementation of specific program solutions and approaches.
Solution Sets include:
- Home Based Work (2 days)
- New Labor Market Model (2 days)
- Talent Attraction and Development (1 or 2 days)
- Social Media and Marketing for Economic Development, in conjunction with The Golden Shovel Agency (1 or 2 days)