Speaking Topics and Rates:
Keynote – $3,500 plus direct expenses
Remote Presentation via live video feed – $1,500
20 – 30 min presentation + Q&A, 1 hr. max
Breakout Session (a la carte) – $6,000 plus direct expenses
Keynote + Breakout Session – $8,000 plus direct expenses
1.5 – 2 hr. interactive session with a focus on what attendees should do after
identifying the issues in the keynote presentation. Breakout sessions are
solution and process focused, and provide a deeper understanding
of the practical solutions.
1. When the Boomers Bail
• Demographics are creating a zero sum labor market that changes the underlying fundamentals
for economic development. In this new era, will your community be a winner or a loser?
2. Getting Your Community Mojo Back
• Current economic and demographic conditions have destroyed the ROI for traditional
economic development programs, and have left community leaders demoralized with their ability
to create jobs. What does it take to inspire community leaders to reinvest in economic
3. Innovations in Economic Development
• To survive as a viable civic practice, Economic Development, like every other organized
endeavor must innovate new business models and approaches. How does innovation happen in
Economic Development, and what are some of the most promising innovations?
4. Recruiting, Retaining and Growing Talent
• A rapidly aging workforce, and a growing skills mismatch, will starve many communities of the
qualified workers needed to grow their economies faster than their populations. Building
effective talent attraction and development strategies are now the cutting edge of Economic
Development practice. What can communities do to find, keep and build talent that matches the
future needs of the economy?
5. Merging Economic and Workforce Development
• To remain productive, Economic Development and Workforce Development programs, at the
community level, must become strategic and integrated – in most places, today, they are neither.
What does it take to become strategic? What is the process for integration?
Counseling Relationship – Price negotiable dependent on scope
Counseling relationship as an outside advisor to a CEO or Leadership Group
Retreats and Workshops
One Day – $10,000 plus direct expenses
1-day retreats include debriefing, explaining the issue and scaling to the specific community needs.
Two Day – $15,000 plus direct expenses
2-day retreats allow for more time to map the program implementation process.
E>P: Growing your economy faster than your population (2 days)
• A strategic planning retreat combining formal proven processes for Economic
Development. During this retreat, we will walk a diverse group of community interests
through a deliberation of economic and demographic predicaments. The result of this
retreat should leave us with solution sets and new program applications.
New Program Element Retreat (1 or 2 days)
• This retreat is focused on development and implementation of specific program
solutions and approaches.
Solution sets include:
1. Home Based Work (2 days)
2. New Labor Market Model (2 days)
3. Talent Attraction and Development (1 or 2 days)
4. Social Media and Marketing for Economic Development, in conjunction with
The Golden Shovel Agency (1 or 2 days)
20% deposit due at time of booking, remainder due
upon receipt of invoice after services are completed.